I had an average upbringing. Some unusual circumstances based on the “norms” of society, but nothing earth shattering. Married, raised children, worked, and attempted to build a career in the midst of duties as a military spouse. Now here I am. I often get asked how I transformed my life and created my current platform. My response, first, it was an answer to prayer. Secondly, one step at a time
Answer to prayer:
We all have experiences in our lives where we just wish we could pray our way out of that situation. We pray and ask for deliverance from that situation, yet we find ourselves in the midst of the situation. I had to seek God’s help through some trying times in my life! Lord knows, it was not an easy journey. Lonely nights! Fearful nights! Anxious nights! Nights filled with confusion! No direction and no idea what to do! Sound familiar? I would dare say we all experience this at some junction in our lives. Sometimes we have to ask for help in guiding us through whatever it is we are faced with. As I look back, I see that much of what was placed before me, were things that I had to learn, overcome, navigate through, or learn to co-exist with on the other side. So that was one prayer! Lord, help me navigate through this valley that I find myself in!
What are some things I learned in the valley?
1. The valley can be a dark lonely place filled with confusion, low self-esteem, depression, and lack of vision.
2. The valley can be a hard place to climb out of, but the climb is necessary.
3. God was in the valley. There may be times when that does not appear to be so, but He is there.
One step at a time:
Then there is the slow ascension to peak. You may find yourself falling back down numerous times, but you have to keep getting back up and pressing forward. Each time I fell down, I took the lesson learned and applied it to the next attempt to climb out. Talk about a slow ascension back to the top! It was slow!
What are some things I learned on the journey to the peak?
1. There will be days where you just plain don’t feel like fighting the battle! That’s normal. Allow yourself the space to process those feelings and then get back on the path to ascension.
2. There are a lot of changes you may have to make in your life. Changes in persons, places, things, thoughts, changes. We have heard the Serenity Prayer which speaks to what you can and cannot change and having the wisdom to discern what you can and cannot change.
3. Take one day at a time and just focus on the day ahead of you and not how far you have to go. We often keep looking at the top and get discouraged about how far we have to go and not giving ourselves credit for how far we have come.
We are all on this journey called life and sometimes we feel as though we are all alone. I hope what I share is encouraging to you and that it lets you know; you are not alone! Be kind to yourself and embrace the journey!
I am Paula G Voice! I am a sagacious independent lifestyle influencer. I am embracing my own journey and sharing experiences along the way. I am challenging dreamers to do the same by breathing life into their deferred dreams and living out the reality! It is never too late to embrace your journey and live your dreams! Visit Paula’s Blog at www.paulagvoice.com for the full journey.
What has been a valley season (difficult time) in your life and how were you able to rise beyond that season?
The peaks and valleys come with the journey of life. The key to navigate your way from the valley to the peak and emerge stronger and wiser.
If you are in a valley season, seek assistance for the journey to the peak.
If you are in a peak season, assist someone in the valley.